Regular Board Meeting Highlights - June 12, 2018
June 12, 2018 - The Board of Trustees is pleased to share with all education stakeholders the highlights of our recent Board meeting held on Tuesday, June 12, 2018. The adopted minutes will be available on our website following the next Regular Board meeting.
- The Board approved the Quarterly Financial Report for the period ending May 31, 2018. As of May 31st, 2018, 76.12% of revenues have been collected for the year compared to 76.91% of expenses paid out to date resulting in total year-to-date deficit of $1,584,706.
- The Board approved the 2018-2019 Education Plan. The Education Plan is a key component in the education planning cycle which involves:
- Developing and updating plans that are aligned with provincial goals, outcomes and performance measures and the Division's Vision, Mission, Values and Beliefs;
- Promoting meaningful community engagement;
- Preparing budgets in alignment with resource stewardship, and that support student learning to achieve the Ultimate Goal of Student Success and Well-being; and,
- Implementing strategies to maintain or improve students learning and achievement.
- The Board received as information the Accountability Pillar Results Report. The Accountability Pillar surveys are administered annually during the months of January to March to:
- Students in grades four, seven and ten;
- Students in grades four through twelve (for small schools);
- Parents of students in grades four, seven and ten; and,
- The Board received as information the Draft Board Meeting Dates for 2018 - 2019.
- The Board received as information the Wellness Initiative Report for 2017 - 2018.
- The Board received as information the Facilities Services Department Report for 2017 - 2018.
- The Board received as information the Financial Services Department Report for 2017 - 2018.
- The Board received as information the Technology Services Department Report for 2017 - 2018.
- The Board received as information the Benefits Committee Report.
- The Board took the opportunity to express sincere thanks and congratulations to Executive Secretary Brenda Scott who was attending her last regular board meeting after serving staff and students of Parkland School Division for the past 20 years including ten years in her current role at the Centre for Education.