Children are to bring their own cold lunch including drinks and cutlery packed in a lunch bag or lunch box, which is clearly labelled with their name. We do not have the facilities to warm up food for the children.
All hot lunch orders must be completed online. Families who are unable to order online may place cash orders in person at the school at designated times (see below). Late orders will not be accepted as we are working with the restaurants and have time deadlines to adhere to.
Hot Lunch Facts
- Meals will include a main food item from a local restaurant.
- Meals also include a fruit/vegetable, juice box (not punch) and dessert. These additional items are not listed on the order form, but will always accompany hot lunch meals.
- We are unable to provide a refund for an unclaimed hot lunch, and will not save the meal for later use (due to hygienic reasons and reheating difficulties).
- If there is a class event (e.g. field trip) on a scheduled hot lunch day, please do notorder hot lunch for your child that day.
Please note: no late orders can be accepted.
- Go to Hot Lunch registration website.
- Select "Register" from the menu at the top right hand corner to sign up. You are required to register every year because students change classrooms.
- School access code: PVHL (all caps)
- Set up your user id and password.
- Once registered you are automatically logged into the website.
- Add your student(s) by selecting the Student link at the bottom of the page you are on.
- Follow the online instructions to order and pay. You can pay by credit card without creating a PayPal account.
For families unable to order online, we will be accepting orders and cash payment (exact change only, please) at the following times:
- Any hot lunch day (most Thursdays) between noon and 1pm outside the kitchen
- Other dates TBA
For more information contact:
Students are invited to bring a nutritious snack each morning. Please send an easy to eat nutritious snack (e.g. cut up fruit, cookies, crackers, cheese, popcorn, pretzels, cut up vegetables, 1/2 sandwich). If you would like to send a drink, please consider juice in a plastic drinking container. Students will eat their snacks inside the school before going out or when they come in from recess.
Please do not send peanuts or nut products, gum, sunflower seeds, pop, candy or chocolate bars. Juice crystals, jello powder, dry packaged noodles and wheat crunch leave quite a mess so we ask that they not be included as a snack or lunch item.
We Are Peanut and Nut Aware
Please refrain from bringing products with peanuts or nuts to school. Let’s all take part in making our school safe for everyone. There may be a need for an allergy alert program in your child’s classroom. You will be notified of any food restrictions for lunch, classroom parties and snack times. Please respect and respond to the information provided about individual student needs.
Students are encouraged to bring a book to read if they finish lunch early. Students who stay for lunch are not to leave the school grounds until the end of the day. Lunch runs for approximately 20 minutes after which time the students are dismissed for lunch recess.
For more information contact:
Parkland Village School